**UPDATE – when posting your photo to Sweet Ginger Photography’s Facebook Fan Page, please add the photo to the wall in the same place you would add a comment, it will then show up under Fan Photos. Thanks!
Thank you to everyone for indulging me and my little countdown to today. I was just so excited I wanted to start peaking your interest early. So, without further ado….it is Sweet Ginger Photography’s 1st birthday today and to celebrate I have some amazing giveaways! Let’s start with the biggest…one of you will win a FREE session with Sweet Ginger Photography, your full resolution digital files, AND a 16×24 gallery wrapped canvas! This prize is valued at $1650! How do you win? Here are the details…
– I want you to take a photo of yourself with the theme of the photo being ‘Sweet’. Be creative! You could be eating something sweet in the photo, have the word sweet in the photo, or just take a sweet looking photo, it’s up to you. Try and tie in your photo with the type of session you’d like to win. For example, if you’re looking to win a Maternity session, make sure your belly is somewhere in the shot.
– Your photos will be judged on creativity and effort by myself and my friend Shona (an Ottawa based photographer www.shonareidphotography.com). I am not looking for a professional photo, you can even take it with your old polaroid (which would actually be very Sweet!)
– Once you’ve taken your photo, upload it to the Sweet Ginger Photography Facebook Fan Page by posting it to the wall just as you would a comment – please only submit one photo.
– EVERYONE that submits a photo to enter the contest will receive a $25 gift certificate to Sweet Ginger Photography! (only one gift certificate per household)
Rules and such…
– All photos must be submitted by Saturday March 20th 2010 at 9pm – that gives you two weeks to blow me away with your creativity!
– The winner will be announced Tuesday March 23rd, 2010.
– Prize details: the session is for either a Maternity, Newborn, Family, Child or Couples photos and is for up to five people. The full resolution digital files will include 25-30 fully edited images.
– Recipient must live in Calgary or surrounding area (Airdrie, Okotoks, Canmore) or be able to travel to Calgary for the session.
– The session is to take place in 2010 at a time convienient for both the photographer and the recipient
– Prize cannot be substituted for it’s cash value
That’s not the only thing I’m giving away this month. I am in the midst of printing several canvases for display at Ultrasound Preview, an ultrasound imaging clinic here in Calgary. Rhonda, the owner, has generously donated her 2D Plus Package ultrasound package to Sweet Ginger Photography. So…ALL Maternity/Newborn sessions booked in March 2010 will be entered to win a FREE 2D ultrasound! How awesome is that?! This is valued at $150. I love the video keepsake I have of my son from when I was pregnant, I think it will be so cool for my son to watch it when he is older.
*You must book both a Maternity AND a Newborn session and sessions must be booked by 9pm March 31st 2010. A random draw will be held April 1st, 2010 and the winner will be notified that day.
Last but not least, what is a birthday without cake? Share this contest with your friends, family and coworkers by clicking below under Share the Love. Share this link on Facebook, Twitter and email and leave a comment below to let me know you did. You’ll be entered to win a $25 gift certificate from Crave Cupcakes! These little pink beauties are Crave of course, they truly are a work of art, almost too pretty to eat…yeah right.
Join Sweet Ginger Photography’s Facebook group to stay in touch and be up to date!
Thank you to all my friends and clients and families from this past year, it has been more of a success than I could have ever imagined. I am off to Vegas today for the WPPI Convention – a huge photographer’s convention held every year. I’ll be back on Wednesday to tell you all about it!
The love has been shared. Happy Birthday Sweet ginger Photography!
Shared! Congrats again! I can’t believe it’s only been a year! Can’t wait to hear about Vegas.
Happy Birthday Sweet Ginger!!! I can’t wait to see what the next year holds for you and looking forward to see more of your work!!! Love ya!
Oh yeah…shared it…and now I have to go and buy myself a Crave Cupcake because looking at these ones is making me “crave” one!!
Happy Birthday SGP!
Have a blast at WPPI’s convention.
Hey, how on earth can people actually add photos to YOUR fan page. I went to your FB page and do not see how anyone but you can add a photo? Great idea Virginia but don’t people have to email you a photo and you upload it? I’m having a contest later this month too but have been wracking my brain around how to coordinate the photos. I’m going to have them email me the photo and then I’ll post them on FB. If there is a way around this – wow, would love to know how! Anyway, have a real blast at WPPI and what a great contest for Calgarians to get in on!
I also shared the love! Happy first birthday Sweet Ginger Photography! This contest looks like fun. Time to get creative…..
I also shared!! thanks for giving us this opportunity!!
!!! your blog looks great congrats on 1 year, any tips 🙂
Also shared, what a great idea! Happy birthday!!
Happy Birthday SGP and congrats on a great year! Looking forward to seeing more of your fabulous work!
Happy birthday Sweet Ginger! I’ve shared the news and can’t wait to see more of your inspiring work!
[…] let me start off by saying how much I appreciate everyone who entered the Sweet contest. I must admit I was worried no one would enter and that I’d be left judging maybe one photo […]