Quite a bit actually! My approach to photographing newborns is more lifestyle photography. What does this mean? First of all, I will come to your home to do the newborn session. It won’t be at a studio that you need to bring your baby to. My focus is on your family connections. Mom, Dad, siblings, holding the new baby. Everyone together in your environment. I am not posing the baby or using props. Trust me, newborn babies tend to put themselves into the cutest positions all on their own – they don’t need me to do this. I will guide you on how to hold your baby for the best shots and I will direct you to the best light but the natural connections is what I’m aiming for.
Is Lifestyle Newborn Photography for you?
- You want real, authentic moments with your whole family included
- You prefer a natural, candid and fun session
- You want lots of family photos
- You want posing guidance without feeling overly staged
Lifestyle Newborn Photos aren’t for you if you want…
- Props, specific outfits, baskets, bowls, etc.
- Traditional sleeping baby photos. Your baby can be asleep or awake during our photos. If you want some sleeping photos, I can definitely get some, but it is not necessary.
- Specific outfits. Baby will wear what you supply. Cute onesies or a wrap, blanket that you have at home.