Happy Thursday! Today I wanted to try something new on my blog. Before I share with you one of my recent maternity sessions I’m going to round up some of my Top 3’s. Ready? Here we go.
Top 3 Things I’m Looking Forward To
- Canmore Girls Trip this weekend. This’ll be my fifth year meeting these ladies in Canmore for some much needed us time. Now if you’ve been on a girl’s trip before this one is probably nothing like what you’ve done. The four of us are all photographers and like the shoemaker without shoes, we’re the photographers without photos. We of course take photos throughout the year but actually printing them (so important!!) and designing albums never seems to get done. Clients come first and our work always gets pushed back. So one day when we were commiserating we thought why don’t we go away for a weekend and ONLY work on our own family’s photos?? So we pack up our computers, rent a condo, bring food and coffee…lots of coffee and work and chat and laugh and come away with knowing we get those awesome albums and prints we so love to give our clients! Win Win!
- My 10 Year Wedding Anniversary. What?! I really can’t believe it’s been 10 years. Now I say I’m looking forward to it but I really don’t know what we’re doing for it yet. Initially I wanted to go away – New York, San Francisco, Palm Springs…BUT then I found out it’s my son’s hockey tournament – in Pincher Creek. So ya, not exactly where I pictured us but comically it’s quite fitting really. The five of us in a hotel room sharing beds – that is what 10 years of marriage and 3 kids is really like.
- Website Changes and a Contest. I’ve been working hard in the background making changes, choosing images, curating new products and overall trying to make Sweet Ginger Photography better than ever. I have a really cool contest coming up soon and I’m so excited to share the details!
Top 3 Books I’ve Read Lately
- Amy Shumer’s The Girl With The Lower Back Tattoo was so good. Now I know a few people that don’t agree with me but I really loved it. It wasn’t nearly as funny as I expected. Don’t get me wrong, it’s funny and there were many moments of me muffling my laughter while my husband lay next to me snoozing, but she is one smart lady with a message I love for women. She’s honest and unapologetic and speaks her truth.
- Liane Moriarty’s Big Little Lies. All of the books I’ve read by Moriarty have been some of my favourites but I especially loved this one. I kept picturing how this would play out in my own son’s school. Scandal, death, lies. Thankfully all I have to worry about most days is what to make my son for lunch.
- Karen Wheeler’s Tout Sweet – Hanging Up My High Heels for A New Life in France. This is the first in a series of books based on the author’s real life move to France. I’ll read anything about an English person moving to France but this was especially up my alley. The characters, the home renovation, the love story and the setting of course – love France!
Now I’d love to share this recent maternity session with you. Last time I saw this family was for their newborn session and I was very pregnant with my daughter. I couldn’t help but compare my own family’s recent photo session with this one. I hate to say it but my two year old was a wreck during our photos. Except when my husband and I were hiding in the trees, haha, she wanted nothing to do with photos. On the opposite spectrum, this little girl couldn’t have been more cooperative, an amazing listener and in all around good spirits – so unfair! I kid. She is the first born so I’m going to say that has a lot to do with it but for this family’s sake I’m so glad all was smooth. Two year olds are usually the hardest to photograph but also the ones that give you the best surprise shots. Enjoy your weekend everyone, I’ll be in the mountains sans kids, whoo!